Retail Security Officer Job Role
Reporting to the Security Operations Manager the Security Officer will be based at a retail store within Bristol and will be responsible for providing a highly visible and proactive security presence in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel
- Provide a customer friendly, reassuring, professional security presence
- Provide a visible security contact for customers and staff
- Provide excellent customer service
- Loss prevention
- Deterring anti-social behaviour, theft and criminal activity
- Liaising with the Police and store management were required
- Completing reports by recording observations, information, occurrences and surveillance activities.
- Dealing with any difficult situations that arise in a safe and professional manner.
- Monitoring the store CCTV
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Frontline Security Guarding, Door Supervision or Close Protection SIA licence (or have passed the relevant SIA training and hold valid certificates).
- A full five year checkable employment / education history
- Experience of delivering Customer Service
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable not essential
Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal